I saw Halla Bol this weekend and of course I don’t want to write a review, but do want to point out what I liked:
- The brooding, angry, simmering, seething Ajay Devgan. I couldn’t get enough!
- Pankaj Kapoor‘s character Siddhu. (Dosto, I didn’t know he was Shahid Kapoor‘s dad!)
- Darshan Jariwala’s character Gaekwad
- Ajay’s giant watch
- Giving a kidney to pay for a good lawyer
- Many angry mobs, so much to protest, and so often!
- Pool party den of sin scene, ala playboy mansion. Many goris around the pool representing decadence. Yaaro, it gives me hope that I could be an extra.
- Sikhs come out looking very cool throughout & ultra Sikh sword fight was great!
- Ajay’s (Sameer) room of awards and its destruction
- The The Big Lebowski moment
- Jackie Shroff’s special appearance, so commanding!
- Sridevi’s special appearance. She was so tentative. Come on Sridevi! Own it!
- Glimpses of Rishi Kapoor, Shilpa and Abhishek. Was Abhishek there in the awards show section, or did I imagine it?
I think Ajay looks like Arnold Schwarzenegger here:
I left the theater shouting “Halla Bol!”